Home Visit Speech Therapists specialise in the assessment and treatment of communication problems and speech disorders, performed by professional and highly qualified speech therapists. Speech therapy techniques are used to improve communication in all ages of clients, whether they are young children learning to speak or the elderly that may need therapy to regain the use of speech.
What Speech therapy treatments are usually covered?
Treatments that are usually provided by home visit speech therapist include ;
- hearing impairments
- cognitive (intellectual, thinking) or other developmental delays
- weak oral muscles
- chronic hoarseness
- cleft lip or cleft palate
- motor planning problems
- articulation problems
- fluency disorders
- respiratory problems (breathing disorders)
- feeding and swallowing disorders
- traumatic brain injury
- Voice disorders
- Acquired Communication Disorders
- Language comprehension and expression deficits
- Language difficulties
- Cognitive difficulties
- Swallowing disorders
- Accent modification
It is important that you confirm with your therapist which treatments they provide before any home visit.